We are proud of our teams within the Remit Group and employ people with passion, pride and commitment to promoting and delivering high quality Apprenticeship training. It is these qualities that have ensured strong, positive and powerful working relationships.
The role of the Development Coach/ Assessor is to teach, guide and support the development and progression of our learners on apprenticeship programmes. To support the delivery of the required framework within work based settings delivering effective and engaging training via a blended learning approach. This, along with regular visits to ensure continuous development, growth and achievement of learners allocated on the caseload.
- ·Complete the required number of visits and reviews required for each apprentice
- ·Engage and coach the learner’s line manager to provide adequate support and guidance needed by the learner during the working day
- ·Monitor and review learner issues on a regular basis, taking any necessary action to limit the number of early leavers from the programme
- ·Manage and complete both business and personal administration within given timescales
- ·Ensure knowledge of all subject areas including technical training and competitors are kept constantly updated by way of self-development (CPD)
- ·Work as part of the assessing team and give feedback and offer ideas and suggestions for improving team performance
- Research the industry on a regular basis to keep abreast of market developments and trends.
Qualification, Experience & Knowledge:
- ·NVQ Level 3 Relevant Occupational Qualification or equivalent
- ·TAQA Level 3 Assessors Award or equivalent
- ·Functional Skills Level 2 Maths, English & ICT or equivalent
- ·Experience of delivering apprenticeship training and support in a work based environment
- ·Essential to be able to demonstrate experience of relevant occupational competence in, Bakery Assessment processes and evidence capture
- ·Knowledge of Government Funded training
- ·Excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- ·Excellent IT knowledge & skills including using electronic portfolio system
- ·Time Management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- ·Ability to work with the minimum of supervision as part of a remote team
- ·Ability to motivate and support learners
- Educated to GCSE level grade C or above including Maths & English (or equivalent)
- Computer Skills (ECDL or equivalent in Company training)
- Relevant occupational qualification
- Experience of delivering training and support
- Relevant occupational sector experience, and/or current updated CPD
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications
- Assessment processes and evidence capture
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- Good general IT awareness
- Time Management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision
- An ability to motivate and support learners
- Ability to travel to locations throughout the UK as required
- Full valid driving licence
- Prepared to stay overnight at locations as required
Do you have the ability to inspire others to learn, demonstrate a positive attitude and have the ability to work well in a responsive & exciting environment?
Then this may be the role for you!
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our HR Recruitment Administrator for more details on