Who are we
We are Remit Group Limited and Remit Food Limited, with our main processing office located at 4 Orchard Place, Nottingham Business Park, NG8 6PX, telephone 0115 9759550.
We are considered a Processor of your information if you have been referred to us through your employer as they determine the purpose of processing your information. Your employer is the Controller under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulations.
If you have applied directly through our website or other media, then we are considered the Controller of your information.
If we have referred you to another provider, such as a college, we are the Controller of your information and the other provider is the Processor
Why do we collect data?
- To support your learning
- To monitor and report on your progress to your employer
- To provide appropriate care
- To assess the quality of our services
- To comply with the law
- To support you in your further learning
The majority of the information you provide to us is mandatory in order to be enrolled on a Programme. Where information is provided on a voluntary basis, you will be given the option to withhold that information if you wish.
Types of personal data that we collect, store and share:
- Name, address, contact information including e-mail, age, national insurance number, equality and diversity information and disabilities requiring support which is obtained from you or your employer at the time of enquiring about a programme. Your IP address may also be collected if you apply online.
- Learning progress may be shared with your employer
- Learning progress will be shared with us from any partner provider we refer you to
- Attendance and engagement at any pre-arranged appointments or “off the job” courses arranged by us may be shared with your employer
- Any special educational needs
Information will be stored securely in an electronic format where possible. Where paper copies are held, these will be in secure premises with limited access. No data will leave the European Economic Area (EEA), unless there are GDPR compliant safeguards in place to maintain the security of the data.
We are legally required to store your data in line with the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) / European Social Fund (ESF) contractual requirements following the completion of your programme with us. After this time period has elapsed, we will securely destroy all the information we hold about you, unless you specifically request that we do not.
Under the terms of the General Data Protection regulations, you have certain rights:
1. You can request access to the information we hold about you.
2. You can request that we delete certain types of information we hold about you:
- If the information is no longer relevant for the purpose it was collected
- To comply with a legal obligation
- If the information has been obtained without your consent or knowledge
- If you withdraw consent and there are no other legal grounds for processing the information.
3. You can restrict access to the information:
- You believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate
- We obtained the information without your consent or knowledge, but you do not want the data deleting.
- We no longer require the information, but you require the information for the purpose of taking or defending legal action.
- If you have objected to processing on the basis that your rights override the legitimate legal basis for our processing
4. You can request we amend information about you if it is inaccurate.
5. You can object to us processing your data where we have stated we have legal interests to do so. You can also object to us using your information for any marketing purposes.
How to get in touch
Write to the Information Security Officer, Remit Group Limited, 4 Orchard Place, Nottingham Business Park, NG8 6PX, or
Call 0115 9759550 where any-one can take your request and pass it to the Information Security Officer.
You can expect to receive confirmation we have received your request within 3 days, and fulfilment of the request within 1 month. There is no charge for providing information; however, repeated requests for the same information may incur a fee.
Who we share information with
We share your information with your employer where you have been referred to us by them. We also share information with the Education and Skills Funding Agency, and with partner training providers if we refer you to them.