Role Location: Office Based – Nottingham
Remit Group provides structured Apprenticeship training across the UK and are committed to being the learner focused training provider of choice, dedicated to supporting learner needs. We work with many larger organisations and have a wealth of experience in different sectors.
We are proud of our teams within the Remit Group and employ people with passion, pride and commitment to promoting and delivering high quality Apprenticeship training. It is these qualities that have ensured strong, positive and powerful working relationships.
Purpose of Role
As part of a small team, to cover all aspects of purchase, sales ledger and cash book in an efficient and timely manner, contributing to the smooth running of the finance department.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Processing of purchase invoices and staff expense claims
- Purchase ledger payment runs.
- Matching purchase invoices and expense claims to relevant authorisations.
- Supplier account maintenance including liaising with suppliers.
- Assisting other members of the Finance Team with duties as required.
- Processing of monthly and ad-hoc sales invoices.
- Credit control, including sending statements and chasing payment by phone, letter and e-mail
- Manage Head office Petty Cash and check returns from other locations.
- Ensure all duties are carried out within required timescales.
- Contribute to the sharing of good practice and support continuous improvement throughout the Company.
- Promote a positive image of the Company and all of the services it delivers.
- Actively contribute to maintenance of a professional and welcoming environment within all our centres.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by the line manager.
Educated to GCSE level grade C or above including Maths & English (or equivalent)
Computer Skills (ECDL or equivalent in Company training)
Relevant occupational qualification
Extensive experience of using Microsoft applications (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook) to manipulate data, create and edit documentation
Relevant occupational sector experience, and/or current updated CPD
Experience of working in a finance team
Sage accounting software experience
Time Management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Must be able to work with the minimum of supervision
Attention to detail
Remit Group pride ourselves on being an employer that applies Safeguarding measures to our recruitment process.