A team leader/supervisor is a first line management role, with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals.
Key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems, and building relationships internally and externally.
- Leading People – Understand different leadership styles and the benefits of coaching to support people and improve performance. Understand organisational cultures, equality, diversity and inclusion
- Managing People – Understand people and team management models, including team dynamics and motivation techniques
- Building Relationships – Understand approaches to customer and stakeholder relationship management, including emotional intelligence and managing conflict.
- Communication – Understand different forms of communication and their application. Know how to chair meetings, hold challenging conversations, provide constructive feedback and understand how to raise concerns.
- Project Management – Understand the project lifecycle and roles. Know how to deliver a project including: managing resources, identifying risks and issues, using relevant project management tools
- Finance – Understand organisational governance and compliance, and how to deliver Value for Money. Know how to monitor budgets to ensure efficiencies and that costs do not overrun.
Typically this apprenticeship will take 12 – 18 months
How do I apply to be a Team Leader/Supervisor Apprentice?
If you are interested in becoming a Team Leading / Supervisor Apprentice you will need to register your interest with Remit by completing the online application form here.