Internal Quality Assurer – Automotive
Role Location: Field based South
Salary Band: Competitive plus Car/Car Allowance
Remit Training is one of the largest and most successful training providers in the UK, specialising in delivering apprenticeships to help young people develop their skills, secure sustainable employment and improving business performance.
We offer a wide range of nationally-recognised qualifications, in a variety of sectors however our heritage is within the Automotive sector. At Remit, we are passionate about providing training programmes that makes a difference to the future of young people who have opted to forge a career within the industry. We deliver programmes that highlight our commitment to being the learner focused training provider of choice.
Remit have recently invested in a brand new Automotive Academy to strengthen our offer across vehicle technician (heavy & light) and accident repair disciplines. Our vision is to create exceptional programmes and a first class learning experience for all of our apprentices.
Purpose of Role
To provide quality assurance in line with Awarding Organisation specifications and to raise/maintain quality standards in response to employer expectations.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To support Assessors through the conduct of monitoring and field visits.
- To maintain regular contact with Assessors, Regional Managers to ensure consistency of the delivery process and learner timely achievement.
- To coach, develop and update Assessors in the performance of their role through regular meetings.
- To ensure that portfolios meet Company and regulatory requirements.
- To support corrective action planning for apprentices who are are at risk of falling behind.
- To ensure that the 20% training is in line with the Learner Journey.
- To ensure that audit checks are carried out in line with IQA strategy.
- To participate in External verification visits.
- To keep up-to-date with Awarding Organisation requirements through standardisation meetings and involvement in Awarding Organisation visits.
- To comply with admin processes and accurately complete/maintain verification records.
- To support the use of our e-portfolio platform.
- To ensure commitment to continuous professional development participating in a minimum of two activities annually.
- To uphold and promote Organisational policies and procedures, promoting those specifically applicable to this area of work and also including the Equality and Diversity and procedures.
- To carry out observations of teaching/learning & assessment in line with company policies.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by the line manager.
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- TAQA Level 4 Verifiers Award or equivalent.
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths, English & ICT or equivalent.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent Occupational Qualification in Automotive.
- Occupational competence in Automotive.
- Experience of delivering Training and Support
- Full valid driving licence
- Ability to travel to locations around the South of England.
- PTTLS or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Government Funded training.
- Coaching qualification
- Teaching qualification
Ability to travel to locations throughout the UK as required, as this role is nationwide.
Do you have the ability to inspire others to learn, demonstrate a positive attitude and have the ability to work well in a responsive & exciting environment?