Chef, Butchery, Bakery & Fishmonger IQA
Role Location: Field based
Salary Band: Competitive plus car or car allowance
Summary and Main Purpose
To provide internal verification and assessment in line with IQA responsibilities specified by the Awarding Organisation and Company requirements.
- To ensure learners experience quality service and assessment from Assessors through the conduct of monitoring visits (minimum of two per year, per Assessor).
- To maintain regular contact with Assessors, Regional Managers to ensure consistency of the assessment process and targets set.
- To coach, develop and update Assessors in the performance of their role through regular meetings.
- Advise and guide Assessor’s on the progress within timescales set with the view to successful timely achievement.
- To ensure that portfolios meet Company and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure that evidence recognises and records progressions and achievement presented by learners and meets all Awarding Organisation standards with emphasis on performance objectives, evidence requirements and knowledge requirements via sampling.
- To ensure that the 20% training is in line with the Learner Journey.
- To ensure that audit checks are carried out in line with IQA strategy for Standards.
- To participate in External verification visits to ensure the necessary visits schedule is adhered to.
- To keep up-to-date with Awarding Organisation requirements through standardisation meetings and involvement in Awarding Organisation visits.
- Summary of Achievement (SOA) paperwork to be completed and sent to Administration after each summative review.
- To deliver Assessor and Verifier units to staff as requested, ensuring that registration paperwork is completed and sent to Administration for action.
- To complete termly college moderation visits in line with SMT guidelines.
- To support the implementation and use of e-portfolios and ensure that all reports are actioned and completed on time.
- To ensure commitment to continuous professional development participating in a minimum of two activities annually.
- To uphold and promote Organisational policies and procedures, promoting those specifically applicable to this area of work and also including the Equality and Diversity and procedures.
- To carry out observations of teaching/learning & assessment in line with company policies.
- To complete and carry out standardisation meetings in line with the quality planner.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by the line manager.
Key Requirements & Experience:
- Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT Level 2 (or equivalent)
- Relevant occupational qualification
- A1 / V1 Awards, D32/D33/D34/A1/V1/TAQA Awards
- Experience of delivering training and support
- Relevant occupational sector experience, and/or current updated CPD
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications
- Assessment processes and evidence capture
- Ability to travel to locations throughout the UK as required
- Overnight stays as required
- Full valid driving licence
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Government Funded training
- Good communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- Good general IT awareness
- Time Management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work with the minimum of supervision
Remit Group pride ourselves on being an employer that applies Safeguarding measures to our recruitment process.
Do you have the ability to inspire others to learn, demonstrate a positive attitude and have the ability to work well in a responsive & exciting environment?
Then this may be the role for you!
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our HR Recruitment Administrator for more details on