These qualifications help develop the knowledge and skills to lead a team successfully, deliver results and provide excellent customer service.
They have been developed to support the career progression of supervisors, deputy managers Head Chefs and general managers who have responsibility for providing leadership to others and monitoring the progress and quality of work within a team.
Benefits of apprenticeships to your business
- Provide progression routes for team members
- Succession planning for future leaders
- Offer recognised qualifications to your senior team members
- Improve customer service
- Embed your standards and processes in the training
Dynamic, well trained leaders are key to your business’ ability to meet current challenges and take advantage of future opportunities.
This qualification will support the development of skills and knowledge to:
- Supervise the day-to-day activity within their team, there is flexibility to select the right units to match the role and environment
- Provide leadership and develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Monitor and maintain health, safety and security standards, taking action to prevent issues arising to keep the environment safe and secure for guests, visitors and team members
- Drive their team to achieve and maintain outstanding customer service
How Can Remit Training Help You?
We work with a range of businesses to support apprentices throughout their training. This can be the employment of an individual Apprentice or creating a bespoke programme for large annual cohorts of learners.
Your Apprentices will be allocated a dedicated assessor for the duration of their Apprenticeship programme. This is the person who will assess, coach and support them through their qualification. They will also be on hand should you or the apprentice have any queries or concerns about the programme.
Leadership and Management Apprenticeships enable businesses to effectively harness and train new talent through work-related assignments, while ensuring company knowledge is retained in-house.
ILM Diploma in Management
The Level 3 qualification takes 18 months to complete and is for Team Leader/Supervisor or aspiring line managers who already have some management responsibilities
Level 4 Qualifications in Principles of Leadership and Management
The Level 4 Certificate and Diploma in Principles of Leadership and Management are designed to develop aspiring middle managers and first line managers. Learners build core skills in middle management and can access a wide range of optional study areas to help them gain specific management skills to suit their needs. The Diploma also forms part of the ILM Level 4 Management Apprenticeship.
- Your apprentice should be paid at least Apprentice National Minimum Wage until they over 19 and have been an apprentice for at least 12 months.
- The current minimum wage for an apprentice is £3.40 per hour. You can pay more if you wish, many employers increase the apprentice’s salary as they progress.
Hours of Work
- The apprentice must work a minimum of 30 hours a week.
- Apprentices aged 16 or 17 can only work a maximum of 40 hours a week. They should work no more than 8 hours per day and will need 2 consecutive days off. They are not permitted to do overtime.
- An apprentice aged 18+ can only work a maximum of 48 hours per week and will need one day off