Job Title: Finance Director
Role Location: Office Based – Nottingham
All applications for this position require a cover note
Remit Group Ltd provide structured Apprenticeship training across the UK and are committed to being the learner focused training provider of choice, dedicated to supporting learner needs. We work with many large organisations and have a wealth of experience in different sectors.
We are proud of our teams within Remit and employ people with passion, pride and commitment to promoting and delivering high quality Apprenticeship training. It is these qualities that have ensured strong, positive and effective working relationships throughout the business.
Purpose of Role
The Finance Director will oversee all finance, accounting, forecasting, budgeting, audit, risk management and corporate functions. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the FD will direct all financial activities and advise the CEO and the Board of Directors in meeting or exceeding the overall financial and strategic objectives of the Company. Critical outcomes include supporting the Senior Management Team with key financial information and operational analytics to inform decision making.
This position will report to the Board and attend all Board meetings.
The nature of our business means that this role will have to balance many priorities and support the team in a fast-paced environment; ensuring that all leaders are fully equipped to undertake their roles effectively.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead and manage a high performing Finance team.
- Provide leadership to the Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information and strategic recommendations to the CEO and the Board of Directors and make actionable recommendations on strategy and operations.
- Oversee the production of monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports with relevant benchmarking metrics to the Board and shareholders of the Company
- Create and manage budgets for each of the five Business Units and participate in structuring and bidding for all future contracts.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies. Monitor cash balances and develop a reliable cash flow projection process that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Complete annual accounts.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Analyse acquisition opportunities
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- Qualified member of an accountancy body
- Extensive experience of finance and accounting, and able to upskill senior leaders, as required
- Previously held positions as Head of Finance or Finance Director level
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels, with excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Energetic, proactive, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
- Commercially astute with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels – extensive experience of driving the business agenda and suggesting improvements to ways of working
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Strong IT skills
- Experience in the education sector
- Experience of Government funding including SFA rules and regulations
- Experience of working with private equity backed businesses
Remit Group pride ourselves on being an employer that applies Safeguarding measures to our recruitment process. Do you have the ability to inspire others to learn, demonstrate a positive attitude and have the ability to work well in a responsive & exciting environment? Then this may be the role for you!
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our HR Recruitment Administrator for more details on