Role Location: Office Based – Nottingham
Salary Band: Competitive
Remit Training provide structured Apprenticeship training across the UK and are committed to being the learner focused training provider of choice, dedicated to supporting learner needs. We work with many larger organisations and have a wealth of experience in different sectors.
We are proud of our teams within Remit Training and employ people with passion, pride and commitment to promoting and delivering high quality Apprenticeship training. It is these qualities that have ensured strong, positive and powerful working relationships.
Purpose of Role
The Finance Director will oversee all finance, accounting, forecasting, budgeting, audit, risk management and corporate functions. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the FD will direct all financial activities and advise the CEO and the Board of Directors in meeting or exceeding the overall financial and strategic objectives of the Company. Critical outcomes include supporting the Senior Management Team with key financial information and operational analytics to inform decision making.
This position will report to the Board and attend all Board meetings.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead and manage a high performing Finance team.
- Provide leadership to the Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information and strategic recommendations to the CEO and the Board of Directors and make actionable recommendations on strategy and operations
- Oversee the production of monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports with relevant benchmarking metrics to the Board and shareholders of the Company
- Create and manage budgets for each Business Unit and participate in all future contracts
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies. Monitor cash balances and develop a reliable cash flow projection process that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Complete annual accounts
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with all stakeholders
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- Qualified member of an accountancy body
- Extensive experience of finance and accounting
- Experience in the education sector
- Experience of Government funding including SFA rules and regulations
- Previously held positions at Head of Finance or Finance Director level
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Energetic, proactive, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
- Commercially astute with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Strong IT skills
Do you demonstrate a positive attitude and have the ability to work well in a responsive & pressured environment? Then this may be the role for you!
Email your C.V. to: email@example.com