Hospitality Curriculum Developer
Location: Field Based
Salary Band: Competitive plus Car/Car Allowance
Remit Training is one of the largest and most successful training providers in the UK, specialising in delivering apprenticeships to help young people develop their skills, secure sustainable employment and improving business performance.
We offer a wide range of nationally-recognised qualifications, in a variety of sectors however our heritage is within the Automotive sector. At Remit, we are passionate about providing training programmes that makes a difference to the future of young people who have opted to forge a career within the industry. We deliver programmes that highlight our commitment to being the learner focused training provider of choice.
Remit have recently invested in a brand new Automotive Academy to strengthen our offer across vehicle technician (heavy & light) and accident repair disciplines. Our vision is to create exceptional programmes and a first class learning experience for all of our apprentices.
Purpose of Role
- To develop the curriculum, offer and programme outline including learning resource content for Hospitality programmes primarily Chef based but also including craft based skills in Butchery Fishmonger and Bakery
- To deliver best in class programmes
- To develop innovative and creative curriculum and associated resources to deliver via a blended learning approach for the standards and frameworks required by the sector.
- To ensure that all learner journeys meet the required standards of the EPA Ofsted and ESFA
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Develop, deliver and evaluate innovative learning and development materials and resources for the Hospitality & Food Sector
- Develop and create learning plans and Schemes of Work
- Responsible for achieving KPI’s and attending monthly 1-2-1’s to achieve annual objectives and identification of relevant training requirements
- To demonstrate and live the Remit values every working day – honesty and integrity, teamwork, continuous improvement, zero waste, and right first time
- To identify modern technology and methods that can be used by the Hospitality sector to widen the teaching support that we offer
- Monitor quality of e-content and training materials/resources both on the internal and external Fuse programmes
- Any other duties reasonably requested by the line manager
- Ensure all learner journeys and associated resources are compliant with ESFA, Ofsted, IFA, and EPA requirements.
- Monitor quality of e-content and training materials/resources both on external Fuse programmes
- Work with the quality team to ensure lesson plans and learner journeys are consistent across each sector and meet Remit’s OTLA strategy
- Work with Head of Curriculum to review all resources and schemes of work as part of a continuous improvement process.
Working with employers
- To work with clients to develop bespoke programmes that meet the needs of their organisation
- To ensure a clear understanding of large client’s requirements with regards to branding, tone of voice and resource building and creating programmes that look and feel like a programme they would have developed themselves.
- To attend client pitches as part of the team where required
- Work with Business Unit Directors to ensure timelines for delivery of bespoke client and generic programmes are met
- Ensure all learner journeys are loaded onto E portfolio prior to commencement of delivery
- To work closely with the quality team to ensure EPA & Ofsted requirements are met
Educated to GCSE level grade C or above including Maths & English (or equivalent)
Computer Skills (ECDL or equivalent in Company training)
Relevant occupational qualification
Experience Skills & Knowledge:
Experience with E-Learning concepts
Extensive experience in the development of Apprenticeship programmes including curriculum and resources for learners and employers
Work Based learning delivery experience in the Hospitality Sector primarily Chef based programmes
Competent user of Microsoft Office applications
Extensive knowledge of government funded training, Ofsted and EPA requirements
Clear understanding of pedagogical and andragogy principles in teaching and their use to create effective programmes
Effective communication and presentation skills, oral and written
Good general IT awareness
Time Management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Ability to work with the minimum of supervision
Proven track record to influence people
Experience of writing reports and training material
Ability to travel to locations throughout the UK as required
Experience with audio and video capture and editing
Experience with layout and design concepts
Ability to work with various software applications
Competent user of XML and HTML authoring applications
Do you have the ability to inspire others to learn, demonstrate a positive attitude and have the ability to work well in a responsive & exciting environment?
Then this may be the role for you!
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com or phone our HR Recruitment Administrator for more details on