IT Support Specialist
Role Location: Nottingham Head Office
Remit Group provides structured Apprenticeship training across the UK and are committed to being the learner focused training provider of choice, dedicated to supporting learner needs. We work with many larger organisations and have a wealth of experience in different sectors.
We are proud of our teams within the Remit Group and employ people with passion, pride and commitment to promoting and delivering high quality Apprenticeship training. It is these qualities that have ensured strong, positive and powerful working relationships.
Purpose of Role
You will primarily be helping to provide an excellent and consistent level of technical support to over 300 colleagues, these can be based across any of our 4 sites or working remotely throughout the country. There will be various projects for you to complete throughout the year, ensuring every detail is fully documented and any training given to colleagues in the use of new technologies.
You will also take part in a monthly IT induction for new colleagues, while also helping in the mentoring and development of junior IT support colleagues.
Main Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Provide hardware and application support to colleagues in all departments, analyse problems and implement solutions and where necessary offer staff training in the use of computers and peripheral devices.
- Maintain and update computer and server systems, installing software upgrades, updates and revised functions, while documenting work performed.
- Relocate information systems hardware as directed, provide referral to appropriate party when complex malfunctions occur and track the problem until it has been resolved.
- Create, maintain and monitor email accounts using Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange.
- Create, maintain and monitor user accounts using Active Directory.
- Perform system backups and monitor computer environment as directed.
- Evaluate new hardware, software and related equipment for functionality and fit to current operating environment.
- Installation and support of networking hardware such as firewalls, routers and switches.
- Responding to requests in a timely manner and prioritising support requests according to the needs of the business.
- Ensure that support requests are properly recorded, tracked, and completed, including those received verbally.
- Actively contribute to maintenance of a professional and welcoming environment within all our centres.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by the line manager.
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- Educated to GCSE level grade C or above including Maths & English (or equivalent)
- Relevant IT qualification
- Experience of working in a helpdesk environment
- Experience of the configuration and installation of desktop and server operating systems including Windows 10 and Server 2012 R2
- Experience in the configuration and installation of networking hardware including firewalls, switches and routers
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in working with VMWare
- Experience in working with Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Knowledge of VMWare products including ESX and VSphere
- Good communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- Time Management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Knowledge of WatchGuard firewalls
- Knowledge of HP Procurve Switches
- Ability to travel to locations throughout the UK as required
- Overnight stays as required
Closing Date for the role: 27th April 2018
Remit Group pride ourselves on being an employer that applies Safeguarding measures to our recruitment process.
Do you have the ability to inspire others to learn, demonstrate a positive attitude and have the ability to work well in a responsive & exciting environment?
Then this may be the role for you!
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com or phone our HR Recruitment Administrator for more details on