Learning Support Coach Team Leader South
Role Location: Field Based – South
Salary Band: Competitive Salary plus Car/Car Allowance
Remit Group is one of the largest Training Providers in the UK, and provides Apprenticeship training with an overall Ofsted Grade 2 and a Grade 1 in Leadership & Management. We are committed to being the learner focused training provider of choice and are dedicated to supporting the needs of our learners and employers. We work with many large organisations and have a wealth of experience in a wide range of sectors including Automotive, Food Manufacturing, Health and Social Care, IT, Hospitality and Business Services.
Purpose of Role
To manage a team of coaches in delivering support to learners with learning and social needs.
National Functional Skills & Inclusion Manager
Main Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Manage team of Learning Support Coaches including conducting regular 1:1s, team meetings, peer observations and any other support required.
- Ensure learners identified as requiring support is contacted in a timely manner, visited as per agreed review cycles and are supported to timely achievement
- Ensure that the team remain compliant with SFA audit and funding guidelines
- Keep up to date with new teaching practices and government papers; promote and share good practice
- Effective use of KPIs and management information to ensure that the correct funding is claimed
- Work effectively with subcontractors to ensure that learners in subcontracted provision are supported.
- Ensure effective communication between the LS team and relevant Apprentice Development Coaches, Regional Managers and Colleges
- Travel as required to employers and learners
- Gain relevant qualifications as necessary
- Manage own time effectively to model a good work-life balance
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as determined by the needs of the business.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by the line manager.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven track record of delivery of Functional Skills
- Experience of/Proven Track record of working with learners with additional needs
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding targets
- IT Literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to work towards given deadlines and targets
- Knowledge and/or Experience in delivering of ancillary topics; Safeguarding, PREVENT, British Values.
- CET (Level 4) or equivalent (Cert Ed)
- SEN qualifications
- A level or Level 3 English and/or maths qualifications
- Subject Specialisms
Personal Qualities and Requirements:
- Energetic, dynamic, positive and enthusiastic
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Conscientious, assertive and self-disciplined
- Desire to succeed and adaptable to change
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Professional and presentable
- Ability to work flexible hours and locations
- Caring and compassionate attitude to learning
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure with good time management
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Clean driving licence and access to a car
- Solution focused problem solver
- Creative, forward thinker
- Enhances the good practice of the team as a whole
Do you have the ability to inspire others to learn, demonstrate a positive attitude and have the ability to work well in a responsive & exciting environment?
Then this may be the role for you!
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our HR Recruitment Administrator for more details on 0115 9759550