Role Location: Office Based – Nottingham
Remit Group provides structured Apprenticeship training across the UK and are committed to being the learner focused training provider of choice, dedicated to supporting learner needs. We work with many larger organisations and have a wealth of experience in different sectors. We are proud of our teams within the Remit Group and employ people with passion, pride and commitment to promoting and delivering high quality Apprenticeship training. It is these qualities that have ensured strong, positive and powerful working relationships.
Purpose of role
To support the Financial Controller in providing high quality management information to internal customers and to manage and develop the ledger team in maintaining an accurate and timely service.
- Timely production of first draft management accounts.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and schedules.
- Management of the ledger team, effectively using resources for the efficient processing of sales ledger, purchase ledger, cash books & staff expenses.
- Assisting with the review of current processes and procedures within the finance department, recommending and implementing more efficient systems and controls and continually looking for areas of improvement.
- Preparation and posting of Remit’s Government Funding
- Calculate and post a range of month end journals, including accruals, prepayments and re-charges, ensuring management accounts accurately reflect business performance.
- Maintain up-to-date analyses of various areas of expenditure comparing in detail actual expenditure to budget and forecasts.
- Carry out ad hoc analysis work as required and to perform other tasks as required by the Financial Controller
- Promote a positive image of the Company and all of the services it delivers.
- Actively contribute to the maintenance of a professional and welcoming environment within all our centres.
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by the line manager.
Educated to GCSE level grade C or above including Maths & English (or equivalent)
Computer Skills (ECDL or equivalent in Company training)
Relevant occupational qualification:
- Part Qualified / Newly Qualified Accountant or QBE, Relevant occupational sector experience, and/or current updated CPD
Remit Group pride ourselves on being an employer that applies Safeguarding measures to our recruitment process.
Do you have the ability to inspire others to learn, demonstrate a positive attitude and have the ability to work well in a responsive & exciting environment?
Then this may be the role for you!
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our HR Recruitment Administrator for more details on